Ransomware is a type of malware that covertly enters your computer system and can harm it by limiting certain capabilities. Ransomware attacks typically originate overseas and the attack will not be halted until the 'ransom' is paid. These types of attacks have grown exponentially over the past few years. Here's what you can do:
- Educate Employees: Keep your team up to date about the latest security threats to keep them aware and on the lookout for phishing attacks.
- Consistent Anti-Virus Updates: Ransomware is constantly changing as is the defense against it. Make sure your company's protection is up to date.
- Backups Are Key: Regularly backup your data and keep it off-network to ensure its safety.
- Email Caution: Avoid opening emails and clicking embedded links from strange or unverified email addresses.
- Adblock: Sometimes ransomware defense can be as simple as preventing malware-based popups from appearing on your screen. Adblock keeps these attacks at bay.
Of course these are only five simple things you can do to prevent ransomware attacks from harming your business. Stamm Technologies stays on the forefront of security trends and would love to help you with some of the more advanced security measures. If your business is interested in a no-obligation Security Discovery Session, give us a call today at 414-263-4260!